Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Eyeballs

Sometimes being wrong is good, but usually only when the thing you’re wrong about is a prediction of dire circumstance.

This afternoon’s eye exam, the very definition of anticipated disaster, was flawless. Dr Thingummy, a double for Elaine on Seinfeld, did everything right and said all the right things, ignored all attempts to chat her up, smiled briefly when I mentioned Elaine by name and produced a prescription in fifteen minutes of flicking buttons and rotating lenses.

I can collect two pairs of reading glasses in frames I chose, that look like those that normal people from the planet Earth would wear, in about a week; for under $100.

So, anyone claiming that my negativity knew no bounds, simply because I could see potential trouble at every step, can clap themselves on the back and laugh.

But not for long…

No comments:

Post a Comment